Focus groups

 I chose the song addled eyes by ok goodnight
addled eyes

I asked questions based on how I should create my music video and what effects I should add to make it effective. I didn't ask many questions but the answers I received from the questions I asked were very detailed and helpful.

I asked what i should do in terms of shooting for my music video, this was important as getting peoples direct input after they had listened to the music would influence my production. They said I should focus on a conceptual shooting style which is good because it was what i had been planning for. I had thought that the music leant itself to that style nicely but i wanted to make sure with other people who had listened to the song. They also gave me good information on how i could pad out my music video with footage that suits what I was going for.

I also asked them what colours I should focus on in my music video and they said that I should focus on pinks and blues. I think the song suits these colours and the album art uses them as well which is a good link to the band directly. 

I asked whether i should add still images in my footage and they said that they thought it would suit the conceptual style of my music video. After hearing this i plan to use them later on in the video to create frozen characters which i believe would add to the dreamlike conceptual state i am creating within my music video.

I chose not to ask many questions but make them more concise and aimed than in my questionnaire as I knew that the people I were asking were going to give me good advice on the technical side of my music video. I would say the information i received here although less than in my questionnaire may benefit my music video more due to the nature of the information i received. 




Comments

Popular Posts